At Trans-Oceanic Life Insurance Company (TOLIC), you are a valued customer and we care about protecting our policyholders’ privacy. We are providing this notice to explain how we protect the security and confidentiality of your personal information. This Privacy Notice explains what information we collect, how we use it and to whom we disclose said information.
Collection of Information
In order to properly underwrite and administer your insurance coverage, we must collect a certain amount of necessary and helpful information. Following is a brief description of the type of personal information that is collected, who we share this information with, and how we restrict access to non-public personal information. We also provide you with the opportunity to decline disclosing your personal information to non-affiliates of TOLIC.
We obtain the information from:
- Applications, forms or documents that include information such as your name, address, Social Security number, earnings and beneficiaries, and other personal characteristics.
- Transactions that you make with us and with our affiliated companies. For example, policy, premium and payment history.
- Consumer credit agencies.
- Customers or providers that are interested in our products.
Although you are our most important source of information, we may also collect or verify information by contacting medical professionals and institutions which have provided health care to you or a member of your family proposed for coverage, your employers and business associates, and other insurance companies to which you have applied.
Under some circumstances, TOLIC will make disclosures of personal information, without your consent, to third parties. This would be done as permitted or required by law. These persons or organizations may include:
- Our affiliated companies.
- Certain non-affiliated companies or individuals including health care providers, other life insurance companies.
- Financial service providers such as insurance agents or consumer reporting agencies.
- Non Financial companies such as companies that provide postal services.
- Persons or organizations who may wish to market our products or services.
We may do this to:
- Service your policy
- Market our products to you
- Investigate or handle claims
- Detect and prevent fraud
- Comply with lawful requests from regulatory and law enforcement authorities.
Security and protection of your information
We use technology tools and design our business practices to help ensure that the personal information of our customers is properly gathered, stored, and processed. We want you to know that we respect your privacy, and we protect your information.
- TOLIC restricts access to non-public personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide the products and services you requested.
- We have established physical, electronic and procedural safeguards to comply with federal regulations to protect this information and prevent unauthorized access.
Information provided in applications will be treated as confidential except that TOLIC or its reinsurers may, however, make brief reports thereon to MIB, Inc., a not-for-profit membership organization of life insurance companies which operates an information exchange on behalf of its members. Upon request by another member insurance company to which life or health insurance has been applied for or to which a claim is submitted, MIB, Inc. will supply such company with the information it may have in its files. Upon receipt of a request from you, MIB, Inc. will arrange disclosure of any information it may have in your file. If you question the accuracy of information in MIB, Inc. file, you may contact them and seek a correction in accordance with the procedures set forth in the Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act. You may contact MIB, Inc., through its address: 50 Braintree Hill, Suite 400, Braintree, MA 02184-8734, by phone 866-692-6901, or by the website www.mib.com.
Changes or Modifications to our Privacy Notice
TOLIC reserves the right to amend this policy at any time and to update it as required.
If you prefer that we not share your non-public information with non-affiliated companies or individuals, please complete the Exclusion Form provided at the end of the document and send to email@example.com or to the next postal address: PO Box 363467, San Juan PR 00936-3467.