Apart from the personal data processing policy, this document includes another series of conditions that any website must inform its users about:
- Intellectual property policy: informs the user that the content of the website or application belongs to the owner of the same, and the uses that can be made of such content depending on the access or services, whether free or not.
- Moderation policy: informs the user of the rules of behavior that must be followed when participating in the website or application, as well as the powers of the owner to remove, modify, reject and generally control the content contributed by users.
- Quality of the information provided: informs the user that the owner of the site or application does not guarantee the accuracy or timeliness of the information provided and that errors or inaccuracies may occur in the content presented. However, it should be noted that this does not apply to advertising, offers or promotions, since the information given on products, goods or services for their acquisition by consumers must be truthful and sufficient.
- Cookies policy: informs the user what cookies are, how to disable them in case of not authorizing their use by the website and the benefits of allowing their operation. In addition, it includes information about the security measures of the site or application to preserve the user’s information, the service channels, the terms of response to requests, among others.
This set of rules regulating the use of user information by the site or application allows its owner to operate it in compliance with Puerto Rican law.
The data processing policy is not the same as the general terms and conditions or terms of purchase and sale.
When to comply with the European Data Protection Regulation: GDPR
The European Union established through the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)its rules for the protection of data collected by companies established in its jurisdiction or collected from European citizens. Whoever carries out data processing is obliged to comply with the GDPR in two circumstances:
1. If the company collecting the data or the company carrying out the processing is domiciled within the European Union.
2. Companies not domiciled in the European Union but offering goods or services to persons in the European Union for which some personal information is requested.
How to use this document?
- URL or website address.
- Website owner: i.e. the natural or legal person (company, society, foundation, entity, etc.) that has control over the content of the page.
- Contact details (email and telephone address) to which any user can contact to make requests related to their personal data.
- Indicate whether the site is suitable for the general public or for adults only.
- Indicate whether all the content of the site is free of charge or whether some or all of it can be accessed only for a fee or subscription.
Once this information has been provided and the document has been completed, it must be added to the web page, which is usually done by means of a link at the bottom of the page, so that the user can consult the text from any section of the web site. Likewise, when the user enters the website or application, he/she should be asked if he/she accepts the policy of personal data processing (and cookies) by means of a form or any other means that allows storing the answer. Applicable legislation Law 1581 of 2012, “Whereby general provisions are issued for the protection of personal data”.
We know that not all accidents are the same.
Therefore, we offer you a variety of policies that you can customize, adjusting them to your needs by combining them with the different optional coverages available.