Temporary Non-Occupational Disability Insurance (SINOT) is a program under Law No. 139, of June 26, 1968, which provides economic benefits to insured employees who have lost their income as a result of disability due to an illness or injury that is not related to employment or a car accident.
Responding to market needs, TOLIC offers employers with 10 or more employees our Private SINOT Plan, which they can obtain through their Producer or Authorized Insurance Representative.
Employees will have the benefit of being covered under a plan administered by an insurance company, rather than a public plan (Government Insurance Plan), with highly competitive rates and personalized service.
The requirements that insured employees must have to claim the benefits are:
· Being incapacitated to work as a result of an illness or injury that is not related to employment or a car accident.
· Be in treatment with a duly licensed physician or chiropractor.
· Have received wages of at least $150.00 in an insured job during their basic year.
TOLIC’s SINOT private plan has enhanced coverages to those provided by Law (statutory benefits) and additional coverages such as: funeral service and accidental death. The maximum statutory benefit for disability is of $113 and it covers up to a maximum of 26 weeks. The maximum death benefit is of $4,000 prorated among the deceased employee’s direct dependents, plus any benefits owed to the former. And in the case of dismemberment, the benefits, depending on the loss (arm, foot, hand, finger, vision), fluctuate between $2,000 and $4,000.
Claiming benefits is easy. The process begins by completing the claim forms that TOLIC will provide the employee in a timely manner through their employer or through the assistance of their Authorized Insurance Representative. Once completed, these are sent to our offices by mail or in-person filing, taking into consideration the following according to the type of claim:
· Disability – the employee has 3 months from the beginning of the disability to file their claim.
· Death – this Benefit must be claimed within 6 months from the date of death of the insured employee.
· Dismemberment – the employee has 6 months from the date of dismemberment to file their claim.
It is important to file your claim within 1 year from the date of disability, dismemberment or death to be considered entitled to SINOT benefits.
At TOLIC, we have the ease of payment of claims by check or direct deposit to the insured employee’s bank account.
For more information, contact the Sales and Marketing Department at 787-620-2681, or email email@example.com. You can also access TOLIC’s SINOT webpage, or visit www.tolic.com for more information about our various insurance products.